Choosing Practice Questions
This article includes best practices to consider when planning your practice questions for Kira Talent. The platform includes stock practice questionsthat will be used, by default, for any assessments not associated with a custom practice assessment.
Customize Practice Questions
For a better applicant experience and stronger brand alignment, we encourage our clients to film custom practice questions. We also recommend that the language used during practice questions matches the language expected in the assessment questions. Kira Talent's default practice assessment is available in English only. It might also be helpful for applicants to mention the type of practice assessment you’ve chosen in your email invitation to help manage expectations.
(For more information about filming practice and assessment questions, see our Videography article here).
Types of Practice Questions
There are two main types of practice assessment to consider, formal assessment preparation or ice-breaker questions:
Formal Assessment Preparation
- Formal Assessment Preparation practice questions should be similar in nature (but not identical) to your formal interview questions.
- Familiarizes applicants with the Kira assessment process
- Provides applicants with insight regarding the content of the formal assessment
- Familiarizes applicants with Kira assessment process
- Helps to alleviate some pre-assessment anxiety and relaxes applicants with fun and easy questions
- However, these questions do not provide applicants insight regarding the content of the formal assessment
- See below for some Ice-Breaker sample questions:
- If you could have one superpower, which would you choose and why?
- If you could be any animal, which would you choose and why?
- If time and money were not an issue, what would you do for the next 24 hours and why?
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? Why?
- What is the last book you read? What did you learn from it?
- What is your favourite movie of all time? Why?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? Why?
- Do you prefer iPhones or Android smartphones? Why?
- Tell me about your favourite home cooked meal.
- Tell me about your dream vacation.
- Are you an early riser or a night owl? Why?
- Tell me about your favourite teacher. What made this teacher so special?
- Tell me about one of your hobbies.
- Tell me about your favourite game (sport, card game, board game, video game, etc.)
- Would you rather travel 10,000 years into the past or 10,000 years into the future? Why?
- If you could share a meal with anyone who ever lived, who would you choose and why?
- If you were the first person on earth contacted by an extraterrestrial culture, what would you say to them? Why?
- What is your favourite colour? Why?
- Describe your perfect weekend. How would you spend your time?
- What would you rather do: write, paint or compose music? Why?